Saturday, May 7, 2011

Incorporate a tag challenge


First of all, the artistic looking black band with silver swirls is not part of the design...I just set the card on top of my computer when I took the picture!!
Another of my new toys - watercolour pencils and a water brush. That's what I used to colour in the butterfly. I stamped it, and cut it out.
I really love the clear stamps on a stamp block. My mom and sisters and I started doing stamping years ago, so all the stamps were the red rubber on wood blocks. With the clear cling stamps, I can make my own stamps. I took flowers from various sets, and mounted them all together to make a flower collage, stamed that with versa watermark ink, then used transparant embossing powder.
The tag is the circle from "A Child's Year" cartridge, and I used an irridescent green/blue ribbon. Granted the tag isn't hanging from anything, but I was trying for a more ethereal look. The stamp says "dream".

No comments:

Post a Comment