Sunday, September 16, 2012
I am learning patience piecing these sort of images together - lots of small pieces and layers. However, when it go to the TINY, tiny little pieces that were to go in the center of the peacock feathers in the image, I just though no way - I think I will need to get a Xyron machine, because I just knew I was going to have issues gluing the little pieces...so instead, I used some of my glitter glue. It added a little bling to the card, it served the purpose, it looks really good, and it saved my sanity. Good result all around.
Sunday, September 9, 2012
I will say this...I was sure that my sister was going to have a girl, even if she said she didn't know, I was pretty sure it was going to be a girl. But still, to cover my bases, I did a card for a girl and a card for a boy. The carriage image is from the Heritage cartridge. The funny thing is that the patterned pink I used for the carriage for the girl card is left over from the teacup invitations that I made for this same sister's bridal shower. Then I was looking through by blue patterned paper and found one that I liked....then I realized that they were the exact same pattern, but the pink one was in a block pad of paper, and the blue I had just picked up as a loose sheet from Michael's. I think it shows that I was looking for the same feel in both cards if I unintentionally selected the same paper!