Saturday, April 2, 2011

Too punny...

I love it when a plan comes together.... I made this card for my brother in law and his wife. Like my husband and I, they are also an Interfaith marriage (Jewish/Christian). But you never know where inspiration will strike... I was watching televison this morning, and the channel had an ad for back-to-back Harry Connick Jr. movies. As my brain likes to play hopscotch, this eventually led me to thinking about the "When Harry Met Sally" soundtrack I own, which led to singing "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off". In the song, there is the lyric "You say Oyster, I say Erster" (btw, who says Erster?). That led me to putting Oy vey and Easter together - Oy-ster. Ha, ha. Things just fell into place after that. A quick search on http://www.cricutsearch.com/ found that there was a clam on "Create a Critter", which I just happen to own. A quick cut of some glitter paper made a pearl to make the clam into an oyster. A few years ago, my parents gave me a big container of 12 x 12 cardstock, but I had never really looked at it until recently, as I wasn't doing any crafting. It's in an accordian file. I've never gone through it to organize it, but the first slot I started to thumb through had the paper, which looked enough like sand to me. A little glitter glue, a few pop-dots, and la voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment