Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Simple sympathy card


My grandmother died last week. We are all saddened by the loss, but we cannot grieve too much. She was 94 years old, had relatively good health up until the end, and was surrounded by family. She had to move to a nursing home about 4 years ago, and I think we could count on one hand the number of days that went by that she didn't have a visit from someone in the family.
I made these cards to send to my dad, his brother, and his sisters, to express my sympathy and to thank them for all they did for Grandma, especially in the later years.
Pink was my Grandma's favourite colour, so I wanted to get pink in there somewhere, and she loved bird watching. We were lucky enough to get a private room on the ground floor of the nursing home for her, and bird feeders were set up outside her window so she could see them . She especially liked humming birds, so this image from Lyrical Letters seemed so appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment